Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, an Am Law 50 firm, is seeking highly motivated, well-qualified mid-level associates (three to seven years of experience) to join its nationally recognized M&A and Corporate Finance practice focusing on M&A and general corporate work in its Irvine office. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• Sophisticated law firm experience on complex corporate with an emphasis on middle market M&A and private equity and venture capital transactions.
• Managing complex M&A projects and time lines, interacting with clients, corporate deal teams, subject matter experts and junior resources.
• Drafting and negotiating merger, equity purchase and asset purchase agreements and ancillary agreements.
• Experience with contracts, entity formation and LLC agreements
• Managing and summarizing legal due diligence in M&A transactions including preparing documents, conducting diligence calls and supervising junior attorneys performing due diligence.
• Significant substantive M&A experience and expertise, including attention to detail and ability to interact successfully with clients, investment bankers, commercial lenders, and other advisors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, superior analytical skills and the ability to manage client engagements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities and assume a high degree of responsibility.
The corporate group boasts an excellent culture with opportunity to work on complex transactions in tightly knit teams for clients ranging from closely-held family businesses to sophisticated serial acquirers. Successful candidates will enjoy a fast-paced environment surrounded by teammates with client-focused attitudes and the opportunity to work with clients across the country.
This position is open to applicants in Irvine, CA.
With over 1,275 lawyers in 30 offices across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP is a fully integrated global law firm that provides clients with connected legal advice, wherever and whenever they need it. The firm is known for its relationship-driven, collaborative culture, diverse legal experience and industry-shaping innovation and offers clients one of the most active M&A, real estate, financial services, litigation and corporate risk practices in the world.
BCLP offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life insurance, and retirement plans. We also provide eligible employees flexible time off plans including paid Parental leave, Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid holidays.
At Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we believe people perform at their best when they can truly be themselves at work. We aim to create an inclusive environment where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. In order to provide the best possible service to our diverse client base, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, political belief, disability or any other protected characteristic.
* Mansfield Certified Plus firm for 2022
* Signee to the United Nations’ Global LGBTQ* Standard of Conduct for Business
* Named by Stonewall as a “Top Global Employer 2020”
* Received the Women in Law Empowerment Forum “WILEF” Gold Standard Certification for 2020
Pursuant to the California pay transparency laws, BCLP is posting a reasonable estimate of a compensation range for an Associate with two or more years of experience. At the time of posting, the estimated California range is $215,000 to $360,000. Actual compensation will be influenced by various factors, including but not limited to the level of relevant experience, skill sets, training, licensure and certifications, internal equity, market data, and other job related factors permitted by law. The range is based on a full-time work schedule.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.