Troutman Pepper is seeking a Patent Agent with 3 to 4 years of experience to join our Health Sciences Intellectual Property Practice Group residing in any of our office locations. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry and experience working as a Patent Agent in a law firm setting.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Developing and implementing patent filing strategies;
• Preparing patent applications under the supervision of a patent attorney;
• Preparing and analyzing search results for patentability, freedom to operate, clearance, validity/invalidity and infringement/non-infringement assessments;
• Analyzing office actions and preparing responses under the supervision of a patent attorney;
• Conducting interviews with Patent Office examiners and other patent prosecution-related activities;
• Writing scientific and technical documents in clear, concise English;
• Managing a docket with multiple clients and deadlines;
• Assisting in developing the skills of other more junior patent agents and technical specialists
Successful candidates are forward thinking, thorough and detail oriented. Candidates should possess substantive academic and professional knowledge, work well with others and have excellent time management skills which they can utilize both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $180,000, dependent on years of experience and geographic location.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.
This employer’s privacy notice is available on the employer’s website.