Troutman Pepper’s Health Sciences Intellectual Property practice groups has an immediate need for an Attorney with 3 to 7 years of experience in any of our offices. A background in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering is required.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Developing and implementing patent filing strategies;
• Preparing patent applications;
• Preparing and analyzing search results for patentability, freedom to operate, clearance, validity/invalidity and infringement/non-infringement assessments;
• Analyzing office actions and preparing responses under the supervision of a patent attorney; conducting interviews with Patent Office examiners and other patent prosecution-related activities;
• Assisting with patent opinions, supporting intellectual property licensing and other general litigation transactions;
• Writing scientific and technical documents in clear concise English;
• Managing a docket with multiple clients and deadlines;
• Developing the skills of patent agents and technical specialists.
Successful candidates are forward-thinking, thorough and detail oriented. Candidates should possess substantive academic and professional knowledge, work well with others in a law firm environment and have excellent time management skills which they can utilize both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. Hebrew speaking preferred.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $275,000, dependent on years of experience and geographic location.
California Applicants: Please visit our Privacy Notice and Notice at Collection to learn about our information practices in the Job Application and Employment context.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.
This employer’s privacy notice is available on the employer’s website.