Ice Miller is seeking an associate to join our Business practice group in one of our midwest offices and will consider remote options anywhere in the Eastern or Central time zones. Candidates must have 3+ years of law firm experience, a deep knowledge of federal and state securities law, and experience with securities reporting and compliance. Past SEC experience is a plus. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented mentality, and be a motivated self-starter with strong credentials.
In this position you will:
- Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility
- Have opportunities for advancement, including partnership track, in a collegial environment
- Collaborate across practice groups and across offices
- Work in a small office atmosphere with the resources of an AmLaw 200 firm and talent matching any AmLaw 50 firm
- Have opportunities for advancement in a collegial environment
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a practice primarily focused on federal and state securities law
- Have experience with capital formation (registered public and exempt private offerings); federal and state securities reporting and compliance; corporate governance; mergers and acquisitions; commercial lending; and general corporate matters
- Excel in a team environment
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Have prior experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent law school credentials and references
Our attorneys enjoy:
- Competitive salaries
- Quality benefits programs including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility
- One-on-One Career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the United States. In addition, candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, except those who have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With over 350 lawyers in offices located in Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the most talented in the country. Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and certified under The Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 4.0.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.