Ice Miller is seeking an attorney to join our national Employee Benefits Practice. Candidates must have 3-5+ years of experience with employee benefits aspects of business transactions, equity-based and other incentive compensation arrangements, and ERISA, including qualified plans and health and welfare benefits. We prefer candidates to be resident in any of our office locations (Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.), but an alternative location may be considered for the right candidate.
In this position you will:
- Perform sophisticated benefits compliance and plan design work for clients in the areas of pension and retirement plans, health and welfare benefits, and incentive, equity-based and nonqualified deferred compensation
- Contribute to client transactions by conducting employee benefits due diligence, issue-spotting, assisting with purchase agreement and disclosure schedule drafting and review, and advising on post-closing matters
- Have opportunities for advancement, including partnership track (if desired), in a collegial environment
- Receive training opportunities with partners and other colleagues, allowing for increasing levels of responsibility as experience warrants
- Collaborate across practice groups and across offices
- Engage in client and business development activities
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good working knowledge of employee benefits law
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter, and strive to continually grow and gain increased responsibility
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong analytical abilities
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Welcome working with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Have excellent law school credentials and references
Our attorneys enjoy:
- Competitive salaries and bonus opportunities
- One-on-one career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
- Quality benefit programs, including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility and remote work opportunity
Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the United States. In addition, candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, except those who have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With over 350 lawyers in offices located in Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the most talented in the country. Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in The Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 5.0.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.