Ice Miller is seeking a midlevel associate with 3-5 years’ experience to join our Litigation Group, focusing on technology, privacy and cybersecurity compliance. The role will include technology transactions (e.g., IT contracts and negotiations), cybersecurity risk management, privacy program management, and compliance counseling. The associate may sit in any of Ice Miller’s offices. Hybrid schedules will be considered on a case by case basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
- Counseling clients on IT, technology, privacy, and compliance matters
- With U.S. and international regulations and laws, including CCPA/CPRA, HIPAA, GLBA, LGPD, and GDPR and developing related compliance programs
In a variety of industries, including financial services, insurance, manufacturing, and information technology. Experience in healthcare is also a plus.
- Working on incident response or data breaches
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have one or more certifications with the International Association of Privacy Professionals or be willing to obtain such certifications upon hire
- Have educational credentials relating to privacy, cybersecurity and IT
- Take ownership of projects and tasks and see them through completion
- Excel in a team environment
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Have prior experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent law school credentials and references
In this position you will:
- Have opportunities for advancement in a collegial environment
- Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility
- Collaborate with talented and team-oriented attorneys across practice groups and across offices
Our attorneys enjoy:
- Competitive salaries
- One-on-One Career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
- Quality benefits programs including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility and remote work opportunity
Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With over 350 lawyers in offices located in Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the most talented in the country. Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and certified under The Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 5.0.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.