About the Intellectual Property – Patent Prosecution Section
Mintz’s patent practice offers comprehensive strategic counseling in patent law and practice that enables our clients to clarify goals, find solutions, and achieve results throughout the innovation lifecycle. Our patent attorneys and agents advise clients on obtaining and enforcing patent protection, licensing or acquiring patent rights, executing financing and other business transactions, and navigating the patent landscape in their various industries.
Mintz is looking for a patent agent or a technical advisor/specialist with at least four years of patent prosecution experience and a strong technology background in telecommunications (e.g., 4G/LTE/LTE-A/5G) and related standards (e.g., 3GPP, O-RAN alliance, and others). Suitable candidates will have a degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, and/or physics. Specific duties include:
- Reviewing invention disclosure documents and conducting invention disclosure meetings
- Conducting prior searches, reviewing references and analyzing patentability
- Drafting patent applications
- Reviewing USPTO office actions, formulating response strategies, conducting examiner interviews, and drafting and filing responses
- Managing U.S. and foreign dockets
- Analyzing patents in connection with due diligence and/or freedom to operate analyses, including analysis related to telecommunications standards
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- At least four years of patent prosecution experience
- USPTO registration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, and/or a related field of study
- Prior work experience in-house at a telecommunications company or in the telecommunications industry or at a law firm strongly preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of telecommunications standards is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of professionalism in working and engaging with demanding clients
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, be highly organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
All Mintz employees are required to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination unless they have a medical or religious basis precluding vaccination for which they are legally entitled to an exemption from the requirement that can be accommodated by the firm. Consistent with this requirement, prior to your start date you will be required to provide proof that you have received all recommended doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible. Generally, we consider an employee eligible for the booster if they completed the primary series of the vaccine at least six months ago and have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 90 days. Getting a second booster is not necessary to be considered up to date at this time.
Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business, and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs, and investors on pivotal deals, disputes, and regulatory matters within our core practice areas — Transactional, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Investigations, and Regulatory & Advisory. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, DC, and London.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $190,000. This position is bonus eligible.
Mintz offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.
This employer’s privacy notice is available on the employer’s website.