About the IP Patent Litigation Section
We provide our clients with the full range of IP expertise and services in today’s global technology marketplace. At the core of Mintz’s patent litigation success is our deep understanding of client technologies. Whether defending against claims of infringement or enforcing exclusive patent rights, we develop and execute litigation strategies that align with the business goals of our clients.
We are looking for associates with 3+ years of patent litigation experience. A technology background in electrical engineering or computer science is preferred. Responsibilities include preparation and trial of patent matters, Markman hearings, technical analysis of products and patents, discovery preparation and management, working with experts, conducting and defending depositions, and drafting pleadings and motions. Boston, New York and DC are the preferred office locations.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- Graduated with a JD or LLM from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to or eligible for admission in Massachusetts, New York, DC or California
- Patent litigation experience before the United States International Trade Commission
- A technology background in electrical engineering, computer science or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism in working and engaging with demanding clients
- Ability to stay organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors on pivotal deals, disputes and regulatory matters within our core practice areas. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, DC and London.
The salary range for this position is $250,000 to $345,000. This position is bonus eligible.
Mintz offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.
This employer’s privacy notice is available on the employer’s website.