About the Litigation Section
Mintz’s litigation practice provides clients with resourceful approaches, experienced advocacy, and substantive expertise. Guided by a strong understanding of our clients’ core objectives, we combine a winning attitude and an aggressive drive to yield favorable and efficient results. Our litigators partner across several disciplines to advise on key legal and industry matters that impact resolution and ultimately meet business goals. Our pretrial, discovery, trial, and appellate efforts are designed to solve clients’ problems through a collaborative, results-driven approach.
Mintz is seeking an associate with 2+ years of experience to join our high-profile litigation practice in either Los Angeles or San Francisco. Candidates should have a comprehensive complex commercial litigation skill set and should be experienced in legal research, drafting pleadings and briefs, overseeing document collection, review and production, and interacting with other counsel. We are looking for a team player who will support the growth of the practice, contribute to articles, attend speaking engagements and participate in other client development activities.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- Graduated with a JD or LLM from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to or eligible for admission to the California Bar
- Experience working on complex litigation matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of professionalism in working and engaging with demanding clients
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, be highly organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
- Judicial clerkship experience is a plus
- Candidates with CA regulatory, prop 65, and probate experience is a plus
Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors on pivotal deals, disputes and regulatory matters within our core practice areas. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Toronto.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.