About the Intellectual Property – Patent Prosecution Section
Mintz’s patent practice offers comprehensive strategic counseling in patent law and practice that enables our clients to clarify goals, find solutions, and achieve results throughout the innovation lifecycle. Our patent attorneys and agents advise clients on obtaining and enforcing patent protection, licensing or acquiring patent rights, executing financing and other business transactions, and navigating the patent landscape in their various industries.
Mintz is looking for a Senior Associate or Counsel with at least five years of patent prosecution experience and a technology background in computer science, computer engineering, and/or electrical engineering. Candidates should have experience in one or more of the following technologies: software, database technology, artificial intelligence, wireless, and image and/or signal processing. Specific duties include:
- Reviewing invention disclosure documents and conducting invention disclosure meetings
- Conducting prior searches, reviewing references and analyzing patentability
- Drafting patent applications
- Reviewing USPTO office actions, formulating response strategies, conducting examiner interviews, and drafting and filing responses
- Managing U.S. and foreign dockets
- Analyzing patents in connection with due diligence and/or freedom to operate analyses
- Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- At least five years of patent prosecution experience in one or more of the following technologies: software, database technology, artificial intelligence, wireless, and image and/or signal processing.
- Graduated with a JD or LLM from an ABA accredited law school
- Admitted to or eligible for admission to the California, MA, DC, or NY bar
- USPTO admission is preferred
- Prior work experience in a law firm strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of professionalism in working and engaging with demanding clients
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, be highly organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business, and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs, and investors on pivotal deals, disputes, and regulatory matters within our core practice areas — Transactional, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Investigations, and Regulatory & Advisory. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, DC and Toronto.
The salary range for this position is $345,000 to $415,000. This position is bonus eligible.
Mintz offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.