About the Corporate Section
Mintz’s corporate practice offers a blend of comprehensive legal expertise and practical business counseling that enables our clients to clarify goals, find solutions and achieve results across varied business transactions. Our corporate attorneys advise clients on a wide variety of issues affecting commercial, financial and industrial enterprises, both publicly and privately owned.
Mintz is seeking an associate with 4 to 5 years of securities and capital markets experience to join our Boston or New York office. Candidates must have the ability to provide efficient legal service both independently and as part of a team, be willing to quickly integrate into our robust national corporate practice, commit to providing the highest quality of client service in support of a broad range of complex transactions and be dedicated to professional development consistent with this on-track partnership position. Strong academic credentials, excellent critical reasoning skills and the ability to communicate complex legal concepts are required.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- Graduated with a JD or LLM from an ABA accredited law school
- Admitted to or eligible for admission to the Massachusetts or New York Bar
- Must have 4 to 5 years of capital markets experience representing issuers and underwriters/placement agents in capital markets (’33 Act) transactions and public companies in connection with ’34 Act filings and compliance and corporate governance matters
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, as this position requires immediate partner and client contact
- A high level of professionalism in working and engaging with demanding clients and investors
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, be highly organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 600 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors on pivotal deals, disputes and regulatory matters within our core practice areas. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Toronto and Washington, DC.
The salary range for this position is $295,000 to $345,000. This position is bonus eligible. Mintz offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.