Golenbock’s Corporate Practice Group seeks a mid- to senior-level associate or counsel level attorney with a strong background in venture capital and emerging companies representations. For this particular role, we are seeking an attorney with significant experience in the following areas:
- Drafting and negotiating early and growth stage financing documentation, including a strong understanding of the NVCA model investment documents and earlier stage instruments such as SAFEs and convertible notes;
- Advising on new business formation considerations and structuring, and arrangements among founders; and
- Drafting and negotiating complex LLC agreements and incentive equity grant documentation.
In addition to our EC/VC practice, our Corporate Practice Group also routinely handles private company M&A, joint venture and other strategic transactions. A candidate with additional experience in these areas would be preferred, though we will also consider attorneys with a strong EC/VC background looking to expand and broaden their skillset to include M&A.
The ideal candidate is team-oriented and has effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and an ability to manage/grow client relationships. While there is no portable business requirement for this position, we would welcome and support a candidate with a desire to develop or grow their practice over time.
Golenbock offers attorneys:
– Hybrid work model
– Friendly, collaborative working environment
– Billable hour expectations significantly below that of Big Law
– The opportunity to work directly with clients on small teams and take on significant responsibility for their matters
– More competitive hourly rates, enhancing the ability to develop business.
The salary range for this position is $200,000 to $275,000, depending on the candidate’s specific skillset and number of years of relevant experience. Golenbock also offers a fee sharing arrangement on sourced clients, as well as a full range of elective health benefits.
About the Firm
Golenbock Eiseman Assor Bell & Peskoe LLP, a mid-sized law firm in New York City, provides sophisticated counsel and representation to public and middle-market companies, private equity and venture capital funds, real estate developers and owners, technology and life sciences companies, hospitality businesses, high net worth individuals, and celebrities.
The firm hires lateral attorneys who are well-trained and looking for opportunities to develop as lawyers. Golenbock has a prominent corporate practice along with robust real estate, litigation, tax, IP, T&E, bankruptcy and employment practices. The firm is a member of Alliott Global Alliance, an international alliance of law and accounting firms which enhances our ability to advise clients internationally on inbound and outbound transactions and other matters.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.