Sterne Kessler is an intellectual property specialty firm, located in the heart of Washington, D.C., dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of IP rights for our clients. At Sterne Kessler we have cultivated an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating, with just the right touch of fun and exuberance. We are honored that our attorneys and staff have voted us as a Washington Post “Top Workplace” and a Washington Business Journal “Best Place to Work” numerous times!
Join our Trial & Appellate Group and litigate intellectual property matters for some of the world’s leading innovators across all of the major IP litigation venues in the US. We have a robust District Court litigation practice, with experience across a wide range of jurisdictions. We are among the most active law firms at the USITC – both for the complainants and for respondents. We have a large and rapidly growing appellate practice at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and we are one of the most active and successful firms at the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
As an associate in our Trial & Appellate Group, you will receive hands-on training and mentoring from our directors, who are committed to providing new associates with meaningful opportunities and experiences. Not only will you get to work with world-class litigators, but you have the chance to collaborate on litigation matters with our patent prosecutors to combine technical depth with legal breadth.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Prior intellectual property litigation experience, required
- Trial experience (District Court or ITC), preferred
- District Court or Court of Appeals clerkship experience, preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM major, preferred
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A JD degree from an accredited law school and be actively licensed as an attorney in an appropriate U.S. jurisdiction. If not currently licensed in D.C., applicant must be eligible to waive into the D.C. Bar, or be willing and eligible to sit for the D.C. Bar exam.
Sterne Kessler is committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The firm also strives to be compliant with the Mansfield Rule. To help in our efforts to comply with the Mansfield Rule, we ask each applicant to voluntarily self-identify their demographic information during the application process.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.