Ice Miller is seeking a mid-to-senior level finance associate with at least 3 years of law firm experience to join our business group in any location.
Successful candidates will work with our business group across several offices representing lenders and borrowers in varied and complex financial transactions with a particular focus on the financing of private equity acquisitions and both senior and mezzanine debt transactions. Prior experience with structuring, documenting, and closing financing transactions in a wide variety of industries required. Candidates also must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented mentality, and be a motivated self-starter with strong credentials.
In this position you will:
- Participate in management of all aspects of finance transactions including the negotiation, documentation and the closing.
- Work on sophisticated and complex finance transactions on behalf of clients in the middle-market
- Work directly with clients and participate in business development activities.
- Have opportunities for advancement, including partnership track, in a collegial environment.
- Collaborate across offices, especially with a busy practice.
- Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge and experience with all aspects of complex financing and acquisition transactions on both the borrower and lender sides.
- Have direct interaction with clients.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Have experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own.
Our attorneys enjoy:
- Hybrid remote working environment
- Quality benefits programs including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility
- One-on-One Career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
NY associates enjoy $205,000 first-year associate NY salary + bonus scale
Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the United States. In addition, candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, except those who have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With over 350 lawyers in offices located in Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the most talented in the country. Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and certified under The Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 4.0.
In New York, the salary is in the range of $240,000 to $375,000 dependent upon experience level.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.