Sterne Kessler is an intellectual property specialty firm, located in the heart of Washington, D.C., dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of IP rights for our clients. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country’s most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced-level degree, including more than 50 with a doctorate in science or engineering.
At Sterne Kessler we have cultivated an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating, with just the right touch of fun and exuberance. We are honored that our attorneys and staff have voted us as a Washington Post “Top Workplace” and a Washington Business Journal “Best Place to Work” numerous times!
Join our Electronics Group and bring your current scientific expertise to bear on the legal problems and matters of our clients. Our lawyers, agents, and scientists work on matters involving cutting-edge technologies and legal issues demanded by a broad range of innovative individuals and companies. You will be involved with a wide variety of work, including: patent preparation and prosecution, portfolio management, strategic analysis, client counseling, opinion work, and litigation support.
Our firm is among the first to see the newest developments in a number technology areas, including: bioinformatics (e.g., DNA sequencing, protein structure prediction, computational evolutionary biology, network analysis, and systems biology), artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning, artificial, convolution, and recurrent neural networks, blockchain, cloud computing, computer security, internet of things (IoT), networking, software and apps, and wireless communications, among other exciting technologies.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Degree (preferably M.S. or Ph.D.) in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical Engineering (EE), or a related degree, as well as training in bioinformatics, artificial intelligence (e.g. machine learning and neural networks), computational biology, or a related field.
- Relevant industry experience, required
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience in patent prosecution is preferred, but not necessary
- Proficiency in Japanese, preferred
- Additionally, any associate candidates must have obtained a JD degree from an accredited law school and be actively licensed as an attorney in an appropriate U.S. jurisdiction. If not currently licensed in D.C., applicant must be eligible to waive into the D.C. Bar, or be willing and eligible to sit for the D.C. Bar exam.
Sterne Kessler is committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: Lateral Hub does not accept applications submitted by search firms.